Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day four: Green nails


So today I did green nails.  So far these are my least favorite I think.  

My girlfriend, who also runs a nail polish blog, came up with the concept of green nails with matte tips.  I loved the thought but the execution was... terrible.  For one thing I painted my nails last night and was going to do the tips in the morning.  When I woke up they were chipped in so many places.  I didn't put a top coat on since I knew I was just taking them off.  So then I said what the hell and put the matte tips on anyway.  They looked absolutely terrible.  First of all, my nails are short right now because I had to cut them due to flaking and breakage, so there really wasn't my of a tip to work with and it looked awkward. Second, I think because the polish it's self wasn't super shiny on it's own and I didn't put a top coat on the matte tips were really hard to see unless you got your fingers 2 inches from my nails.  In the end I just said f*** it and did a fourth layer of Glistening Garland from China Glaze over what I already had, which besides my ability to really clean up my nails, is why there is so much polish around my cuticles.  All in all I don't think it need four coats, it was mostly opaque with 2, but I need to cover up all the chipping and matte tips before I could bear to show it to anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment